Get the most out of the self-hosted version of WordPress and create feature-rich blogs and websites. We will explain how to get a web host, set up a domain, plus download, configure and upload WordPress to your newly hosted site. Then we’ll explore the tools in WordPress, demonstrating how to set up your profile and create content to share with your web audience. There are sections on adding images, video, formatting and links that make posts pop. You will also learn about installing plugins, creating custom themes and attracting readers with permalinks and social sharing.
This course can be successfully completed by anyone with a standard level of ICT knowledge and skills.
2. Setting Up Your User Profile
3. Creating Posts and Pages
4. Managing Images, Video and Other Media
5. Extending WordPress Functionality with Plug-ins
6. Working with Themes
7. WordPress behind the Scenes
8. The Appearance Tab
9. WordPress Settings
10. Exporting and Importing WordPress Content
11. WordPress Site Maintenance and Security
12. Getting Readers
13. Diving Further into the World of WordPress
You will have the ability to*:
– Build and modify a profile
– Publish posts and pages
– Insert images, video, and other media
– Set up a site for search engine optimization (SEO)
– Ensure site security
*These are some examples of skills demonstrated. For a full list, take a look at our PDF download.