Microsoft Windows 10 – Introduction (1 day)
£135.00 exc. VAT
Unleash the potential of Windows 10 in this BigRockDesigns’ training course. Our course covers all you need to know to install Windows, customise it to your preferences and start working with files and applications. Our course shows how to manage folders, use Cortana to search and navigate, browse the web with the Microsoft Edge browser and work with Mail, Calendars, People and more. You will also learn about security, privacy and troubleshooting Windows issues.
1. Installing or upgrading to Windows 10
2. Connecting to the Internet
3. Launching, quitting, and managing applications
4. Creating, copying, moving, and renaming files and folders
5. Zipping and unzipping files
6. Browsing the web with Edge
7. Sending email
8. Installing new apps
9. Sharing files over home networks
10. Backing up and restoring files
11. Configuring Windows updates
12. Using Windows Defender
You will have the ability to*:
– Install or upgrade to Windows 10
– Connect to the Internet
– Launch, quit and manage applications
– Create, copy, move and rename files and folders
– Zip and unzip files
– Browse the web with Edge
– Send emails
– Install new apps
– Share files over home networks
– Back up and restore files
– Configure Windows updates
*These are some examples of skills demonstrated. For a full list, take a look at our PDF (link below).
Funding & Discounts
At BigRockDesigns, we provide high-quality training which is also value for your money by providing some special savings plans for our customers. (A maximum of 25% off can be given if eligible for more than one of the following discounts.)
Book and pay at least 1 month in advance of your course for an Early Bird discount of 10% off our standard course price.
Discounts apply to bookings of two or more people from one organisation: 10% off for 2-3 learners, 15% for 4-6 learners.
EDUCATION, CHARITY & FREELANCE DISCOUNTS
If you work for a charity or educational establishment you can claim a 10% discount on any of our open courses. If you work freelance and are funding the training yourself, you can also claim a 10% discount on the open course price.
Do you work in the construction industry? Contact us for information on claiming a CITB grant towards your training.