Adobe Illustrator – Introduction
£295.00 exc. VAT
Illustrator is a software application that lets the user ‘create logos, icons, sketches, typography and complex illustrations for print, web, interactive, video and mobile’ (adobe.com).
This introductory level course in Illustrator addresses the basic elements that make up vector graphics – paths, strokes and fills – and examines how to use Illustrator’s powerful drawing tools, as seen in Adobe’s Creative Cloud (CC) offering. Follow up this course with our 1-day Infographics course. The course is delivered by an Adobe expert who has been teaching Adobe since 2003.
This course can be successfully completed by anyone with a standard level of ICT knowledge and skills.
2. Selecting and Transforming Objects
3. Working with Colour
4. Working with Fills and Strokes
5. Working with Paths
6. Creating Shapes
7. The Pen Tool
8.Using Type in Illustrator
9. Exploring the Appearance panel
10. Working with Layers
11. Working with Images
12. Creating and Using Symbols
13. Drawing in Perspective
14. Printing, Saving and Exporting
You will have the ability to*:
– create documents to enliven a project with colour
– build complex shapes from simple paths
– trace bitmap images and line art
– draw in perspective
– use Illustrator files in Photoshop and InDesign
*These are some examples of skills demonstrated. For a full list, take a look at our PDF (link below).
After successful completion of this course you will receive an Adobe-accredited BRD certification.