Adobe Illustrator – Advanced (2 days)
£395.00 exc. VAT
Illustrator is a software application that lets the user ‘create logos, icons, sketches, typography and complex illustrations for print, web, interactive, video and mobile’ (adobe.com).
This advanced level course in Illustrator starts with the effective management of layers, clipping groups and swatches so as to swap out colours and content; and follows on by building complex gradients with transparency and dynamic effects. New features from Adobe’s Creative Cloud (CC) offering are discussed. The course is delivered by an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) with 15 years’ experience in Adobe training.
This course can be successfully completed by anyone who has prior experience of Illustrator or who has completed BRD Illustrator (Level 1).
2. Swatches and Stacking Order
3. Strokes, Dashes, and Arrows
4. Gradients and the Gradient Tool
5. Seamlessly Repeating Patterns
6. Align and Distribute
7. Pathfinder Operations
8. Live Paint and Interlocking Paths
9. Placing Photoshop Images
10. Printing a Document
11. Saving for the Web (and PowerPoint)
You will have the ability to*:
– build complex gradients with transparency and dynamic effects
– create customised strokes and patterns
– apply features to paths, groups and editable text to create professional quality artwork
– utilise Live Paint and its Pathfinder operations
– prepare projects for print and save them for distribution on the web
*These are some examples of skills demonstrated. For a full list, take a look at our PDF (link below).
After successful completion of this course you will receive an Adobe-accredited BRD certification.