Get the most out of the self-hosted version of WordPress and create feature-rich blogs and websites. We will explain how to get a web host, set up a domain, plus download, configure and upload WordPress to your newly hosted site.
Contact us for dates
Get the most out of the self-hosted version of WordPress and create feature-rich blogs and websites. We will explain how to get a web host, set up a domain, plus download, configure and upload WordPress to your newly hosted site. Then we’ll explore the tools in WordPress, demonstrating how to set up your profile and create content to share with your web audience. There are sections on adding images, video, formatting and links that make posts pop. You will also learn about installing plugins, creating custom themes and attracting readers with permalinks and social sharing.
This course can be successfully completed by anyone with a standard level of ICT knowledge and skills.
What is the target audience?
You wish to learn the skills to build a web site or blog.
- - Creating a WordPress Site (Installing WordPress)
- - Logged Into the WordPress Admin & General Site Settings
- - Writing Posts & Formatting Text
- - Publishing a Post (Making it Live)
- - Adding a Read More Link to a Post
- - Creating Links (Hyperlinks)
- - Adding Images & Managing the Media Library
- - Adding an Image Gallery
- - Adding Video
- - Categories, Tags, & Reading Settings
- - Widgets
- - Making Pages
- - Menus
- - Installing Themes
- - Customising Theme Appearance
- - Changing the Template Layout for a Page/Post
- - WordPress Plugins: About, Installing, & Updating
- - WordPress Plugins You May Want to Install
- - Adding Downloadable Content (.pdf, .doc, etc.)
- - Adding Audio
- - Comparing & Restoring Revisions
- - Comments & Discussion Settings
- - Post Formats
- - Adding Users & Assigning Roles
- -Logging Out Everywhere Else
Certificate of Completion. Presented to all learners who have completed our courses.