Save time with Adobe InDesign shortcuts. Here are four videos showcasing techniques to get the job done quicker, using Scripts; Interactivity; Styles; and Default Fonts.
To book a place on our next Advanced InDesign course (Belfast, 23/10/2018) call Peter on (028) 9575 7921.
1. Scripts – Rotate Text Character
- Thousands of Scripts: I recently worked on a document where a character had to be rotated and I discovered this.
- Rotate Text Script: Instead of placing text in a separate text box and doing a text wrap, I found the following script that did everything in one action. Saved a lot of time and an action I can implement again and again.
- To access the script use the following link: Script Download
2. Creating a 2-step button in an interactive PDF
- Why not add another level to your buttons in your interactive PDFs?
- Instead of the one-state button, create one that changes appearance when you mouse-over.
3. Creating and Applying Styles
- Styles can be complex and cumbersome to apply; especially when there are large quantity to choose from.
- However, an efficient way to create and apply the style is to use a number system: they are easier to apply and no extra work to create. We document how to do this in the following video:
4. Changing the Default Font
- If you are constantly using a common font and changing to that font multiple times throughout your document production, why not be more efficient and set the font as a default?
- It will automatically apply each time you create a new text box.
Save time and get more done. When you use these time-saving techniques in Adobe InDesign, be sure to let us know what you achieve.